Imena: Never Truly See Your Self

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Never Truly See Your Self













My friend Caitlin once told me that you will never truly see your self how others have. I've always belived there was some truth in that statement, it is really hard to know what others are thinking of you. People can smile, but feel pain. People can cry, but not even feel sad. People can apologize, but not even feel remorse. As complex as the world is, it is any wonder people have survived .


But, I guess that is how the world works. Dont you think so? Pretending to be on thing only to survive another day in life. Being a mother working endless hours, pretending to love life when really you are aching just to rest. Going to a job you hate, just to pay the bills. Even spouses, saying honey I'll miss you when you really want them just to leave the house. Marrying someone just to be financially secure. Which reminds me of my sister's friend who married a man just because he was wealthy, and owned his own business. He was really a tyrant who would physically abuse her, and make her wear sweat suits; or baggy clothes even though it was in the middle of July. When I first saw her I thought she was in her mid-thirties, but really she was no older than 25.

Same with politicians, don't they have to lie, and save face just to get by. Make another dollar, so that their generations of their children can survive. I do wonder, do any of them have a conscience bone in their body? As my mother use to say, "Everything is not as it seems". I guess she was right. Salaams, brothas and sistas!

3 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Blogger Thejinsla said...

Mashallah nice blog,
Ill read all your posts later..looks good.

salams xxxxxxxx
1

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good posting,like the pics,thanks for sharing
zt
http://zingtrial.blogsome.com/

 
At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaam

good post..

jummah mubarak

 

Post a Comment

<< Home